March 12, 2014

sewing for boys

Sewing for boys never crossed my mind when I started this hobby of mine. It's true that at the time I didn't have my two little trouble makers. Nevertheless  I have selfishly sewn almost exclusively for myself until the beginning of this year when I made PJs for my hubby . Next on the list: boy clothes. 


If you feel intimidated by sewing for boys, like I was, I would recommend getting this book: 


The book contains 24 projects for beginners to advanced. Most patterns are for sizes 2 through 7 but there are some for 0-18 months as well.

I started with these comfy pants:

Buying pants for my tall and thin Victor is usually a challenge. The 2T's are a good waist fit but too short while the 3T's are loose but the right length. Adjustable pants do the trick. Making some myself seemed like another good solution.


I made the pants in size 2-3 but longer as in size 4-5 so Victor can wear them for a long while.

Next project: short sleeve raglan tee


The instructions are for a seam-on-the-outside, raw-edged tee but I prefer a finished look. 


This book makes sewing for boys seem so easy and I will definitely try some other patterns.


1 comment:

  1. All I've to say is you are so talented and inspiring for sure :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails