September 13, 2013

Urban Outfitter inspired boy t-shirt

I originally wanted my boy mom tee to be a white and light blue combo (white words and light blue cars) but didn't pay too much attention to the fabric colors I got from the craft store. I did buy the right colors but only when I got home I noticed the existence of the word dimensional on the color tubes.  I had no idea how to make use of them but still decided not to return them. I took it as a challenge.
The inspiration for my boy t-shirt came from an Urban Outfitter women's top found on Pinterest. I was looking for lines or arrows tees when I came across this one:
 Pinned by Lauren Shields  onto My Style board.
I added a little car on the left side to give it a more masculine/boyish look.
I started with a plain white tee (from the bunch I got when I created the big brother / little brother shirts), dyed it orange, drawn the design on the tee (using not a washable fabric pen as you may think but a 0.5 mm mechanical pencil- the reason is that being sharper, it's easier to apply a design like this on fabric) and applied the fabric paint.
When I showed it to Dan his reaction was so genuine that I know he really liked it. He usually is a big fan of my work but this time he asked for a similar tee for himself. This is a first! So stick around to see what I have in store for him. I have already an idea how I want his t-shirt to look like, I just need to find the time to work on it.
The photo shoot for this tee  took place after coming back from the store, where, among other, I bought a new whisk. Victor was fascinated by it and played with his new "toy" for the rest of the day. I sometimes wonder why we spend so much money on toys when a simple kitchen tool can make our kids so happy.
Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Chiar ca arata fain, Stefi! Imi place mult. Si abia astept sa vad si tricoul lui Dan! ;-)
    Pupici

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails