April 12, 2013

Simplicity 5557: vintage pattern into maternity dress




The clock is ticking and though I still have plenty of unfinished projects which I would just love to have done by the time baby no.2 comes into our lives, I prefer to spend any free moment I get (that is during Victor's nap) to sleep or relax. I guess it's the way my body tells me to take it easy. I haven't been in the basement where my sewing room is for days. I feel bad when days go by without working on any of my projects but my true regret is that Victor dropped his second nap and so I have less free time to rest. Pathetic?!?

I finished this dress about a month ago for a family photoshoot.
With just a little adjustment (made it larger especially at waistline) I turned the vintage Simplicity pattern 5557 into a maternity dress.
The original dress has back zipper and high round neckline but I dropped them both (there is no reason to have a back zipper as you can put on the dress just fine without one, especially if you use stretch knit as recommended).
Photos taken by ZeeJay Photography

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always envious of those who are talented in the sewing department! Your dress is beautiful and you are a lovely mom to be!! Enjoy that rest time while you can, it sounds like your days are numbered before YOU will be outnumbered. Thanks for linking up to the Craft It Up & Link It Up Linky Party #4.

    ~Donna K
    Guest Designer Craftin Desert Divas

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty dress! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Peacock Color Challenge “ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stefi, What a pretty dress! I envy those who can sew like this! Dont feel guilty about not getting things done, you need the time for yourself sometimes! Thanks for linking up to Talkin' about Thursday, I hope to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails