February 5, 2013

Valentine wreath

First time I thought of decorating for Valentine. It must be a reaction to the void left behind by the taking off of Christmas decorations. I can't bring back the holidays' glitter and glamour but still, a few romantic touches can make me get a special feeling. I was pretty excited to create a new wreath and also give a romantic twist to our fireplace mantel.
BTW, when do you usually get your house decorated for Valentine? I went to a craft store last Friday (February 1st) and all the heart-related stuff were already on sale...Was I too late in decorating our house for Valentine? I've finished the wreath a while ago but on the mantel I started working only this past weekend.
I used only a few supplies to make this Valentine wreath (yarn, felt and ribbon) and experimented a hot glue gun for the first time ever.
 For a tutorial on how to make these cute felt flowers, check out Cheri's post.

linking it to:

2 comments:

  1. Show and Tell Saturday is LIVE at Sassy Little Lady! I’d love to have you come join the party!

    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-3

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails