February 19, 2013

maternity dress from men's pants

When you don't want to spend much on overpriced maternity clothes you need to get creative and either buy a few patterns and make yourself some new outfits or transform some of your old clothes so they can fit your bump. I've just entered the third trimeter and let me tell you that I managed to go this far into my pregnancy buying just one maternity item: a pair of jeans. 
 When Dan gave me two of his old pants to add to my refashion stack I had no idea if I would ever use them but I took them anyway. Are there many options in recycling men's pants? I'd made a bag once but it was time now to try something new.

The inspiration for the dress came when seeing these cute girl dresses created by Mu.

The pants are of different hues but that doesn't bother me at all: I used one pair for the front of the dress and the other for the back. Actually, it looks kind of funky this way.


4 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I don't know how you came up with it, but I would never know you made it from pants! Your work is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey merci Stefi pour ce clin d'oeil, cette robe est trés originale!! j'aime beaucoup toutes ces transformations de vêtements que tu fais!
    bises

    Muriel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your site. I LOVE this dress-- so adorable! Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this dress-- so adorable! Great work! I don't know how you came up with it, but I would never know you made it from pants! Your work is so beautiful :)
    sport tek dri mesh company

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails